Thursday, January 27, 2011

Your Husband Might Be a Redneck If...

The deer meat is taking up all the room in my freezer, rifles are taking up precious shoe space in my closet and even our guest closet is plagued with camouflage. How did this happen?

In a previous blog I talked about how the hubby went hunting and killed a doe and how I believe that he is turning into a redneck. I must mention that this is the first time he has been hunting out of the 4.5 years we have been together. However, he claims that he used to go hunting all the time and it is just one of the many hobbies that he has always enjoyed.

This is the man I married.

Notice how neatly groomed and handsome he looks. How cute!

This is the man he turned into.

Whoever said men don't change is a liar. They do! And sometimes they morph into a redneck.

I've already forewarned him that he is not allowed to hang any type of carcass on my walls. He can show off his testosterone-driven hobbies in the shed where all the other dirty man things are located.

In the beginning, I thought if he wants to go hunting that's fine. I will spend some weekends alone and eat nothing but deer meat during the winter. But when he started wearing wife-beaters, shaving his head and cutting up the body of a dead deer in my white porcelain sink I had enough.

I want my husband back...oh, and my closet space :)