Wednesday, April 27, 2011

1 Minute Pity Party


Do you ever feel like nothing is going your way? Like you just want to throw your hands in the air, your face into a pillow and just cry? Well, you're not alone.

Lately, I've been participating in petite pity parties for myself...and I invite you to join with me.

I have a lot going on in my life right now with a lot of demands. Sometimes I get overwhelmed and discouraged because I feel like there is too much to do and not enough time. Plus, I feel like I've been making so many more mistakes than I usually do. The hubby says I just have too much going on so I've become a little absentminded.

So I've been allowing myself to have one minute pity parties. For a quick (and very enduring) 60 seconds I cry and think horrible thoughts about myself and my life. And then I wipe away the tears, tell myself that I can't change things and I just have to make the best of my situation, and then I press forward.

It sounds a little psychotic, I know. Like when I was having a one minute pity party for myself on Saturday outside the Sheraton Hotel because I accidently booked our hotel at the Sheraton uptown instead of the one downtown where we needed to be. I know people were staring. But you wouldn't believe how rejuvenating it is!

Just cry and move on--that's my new motto.