Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Post-Christmas Depression


Picture found here.
I just hate it when the holidays are over. I just love wearing Christmas pajamas, drinking hot chocolate, listening to Christmas music and riding around to look at all the lights. Of course, I know that I can do these things all the time if I wanted to (especially in the South where the rednecks leave their lights up year-round). But the feeling isn't the same. I can barely handle the great anticipation of opening gifts (for me the greater anticipation of watching people open the gifts I gave them), singing Christmas hymns at church and wondering whether or not the snow will make its appearance this year. 

The moment my eyes flitter open on December 26th, all the excitement is gone and I'm left with extra pounds to burn off and a very comfortable head resting on my Christmas present that makes me not want to get out of bed for another 365 days.

I'm just thankful that the new year has begun. It gives me so much to focus on. I have a few changes I want to make in my life. I already have my list started. More on that to come...